Network Engineer II
Are you looking for a challenging career in the IT field? Come join our growing company and become a key member of our Managed Services Technology team in the Albany, NY area.
In this role you will be working with our clients to deploy IT projects, provide network support and deliver services which help business run more efficiently Your experience in delivering technology solutions will a key component to your success. The position requires expertise in IT systems, including but not limited to; physical servers, switches, routers, virtual environments, cloud computing, remote networking, back-up & storage, network security and VoIP solutions.
- Clearly communicate with clients to resolve operational issues.
- Demonstrate initiative, independent judgment and efficient thought processes.
- Promote best practice procedures in supporting our clients.
- Effectively troubleshoot issues to ensure customer expectations are being met.
- Complete assigned tasks while accurately recording time and activities.
- Work closely with other engineers to assure successful completion of projects.
- Provide accurate estimation of time and resources needed to complete tasks.
- Active involvement in the delivery of quality managed IT services.
- Accurately document client infrastructure and perform network evaluations.
- Install, configure and upgrade network operating systems and applications.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Experience implementing successful IT solutions.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and plan work activities.
- Effective time management.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Exhibits the flexibility to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment.
Hands on experience with most, if not all, of the following technologies:
- Windows 7 & 10
- Windows Server 2008R2, 2012, 2016 & 2019
- Network Routing
- Exchange Server
- Active Directory
- Security Policies